Connect6 is a two-player board game similar to Go-Moku or Renju. But it’s far more complex, interesting and fair.
~It has many features to have the potential to become popular as a new board game.~
~~~ Rule ~~~
• Black puts the first black stone on the Go-like board.
• Then, White and Black alternately place •TWO• of their own stones on empty intersections of the board in each turn.
So the stones’ sequence looks like: “B, W W, B B, W W, B B, …”. (B:black, W:white)
• The one who gets •SIX• or more stones in a row (horizontally, vertically or diagonally) first wins the game.
~~~ 3 Important Features ~~~
1. Easy Rule:
Rule is similar to the traditional game of Go-Moku (5-in-a-row) or Renju.
Connect6 games are INTUITIVELY FAIR, in the sense that each player always has •ONE •MORE •STONE than the other after making each move.
**Fairness** might be the most identified and interesting feature of Connect6, it makes Connect6:
• NO advantage of the initiative(first move), not like most of other board games. So there is no need to impose some extra rules like Renju.
• The game board can be infinity.
Because each move has two stones to set, it makes Connect6 more complex then Gomoku.
The State-space and game-tree complexities for it are much higher than in Gomoku or Renju. And are even similar to that in Go and Chess.
~~~ Game Features ~~~
4 GAME MODE!
@@ Single Game @@
• 3 difficulty levels game against Computer.
• 3 size of game board. (11×11, 15×15, 19×19)
• Undo & Hint functions help you learn more.
• Auto save playing game records and archive the finished ones with a screenshot for review. Records can be replayed.
@@ VS Game @@
• Play with friend on a single iPhone device.
@@ Online Game @@
• Play game on Apple’s GameCenter server with your friends or auto-match one wherever they are.
• Save your scores on GameCenter.
@@ Puzzles @@
• 5 difficulty levels.
• 150 interesting puzzle games.
@@ Others @@
• Support iPhone4 Retina display.
• Colorful combination lines help player not miss any chance of attack or defense!
• No need to worry about the size of iPhone screen, the smart board will auto scroll or zoom for suitable display!
• Smooth animations make it perform just like playing on a real board!
• Tips, and tutorial.
~~~ History ~~~
- Professor I-Chen Wu presented Connect6 in the 11th Advances in Computer Games Conference (ACG’11).
- Connect6 entry has been put in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connect6
- Connect6 became a tournament item of Computer Olympiad.
- The First Annual NCTU Cup Connect6 Open Tournament was held in Hsinchu.
- Taiwan Connect6 Association (TC6A) has officially formed and approved by Taiwan government.
- The first Russian Connect6 championship was held.