The popular ‘Castle Defense’ genre gets another entry, this time Castle Conflict from new developer Broken Kings. It’s apparently inspired by Medieval Clash if you’ve ever run across that little ditty before. The game features pleasant graphics and sound and a truly pickup and play presentation that barely needs instruction (which is great because there’s…barely any instruction!). Basically 2 castles sit on either end of the screen; you control the left and the AI controls the right. The goal is to send out gatherers who harvest wood which somehow lets you create everything from cavalry to cannons. All the while you duke it out with the AI until 1 castle or other is completely destroyed. Simple sure but there’s plenty’o’fun to be had in the overrunning.
Once you harvest enough wood you can create a plethora of units, to whit:
- Wood Cutter – your only resource gatherer and utterly defenseless; protect at all costs if you plan on winning.
- Thief – awesome unit who can steal wood either from enemy wood cutters or the castle itself
- Engineer - released from the game’s lone powerup and repairs castle damage
- Foot Soldier – basic merc who can slay any of the above or negate the enemy version
- Armoured Knight – brutish thug who can slay any of the above or negate the enemy version
- Mounted Knight – cavalry ho! (sensing a pattern yet?) able to slay any of the above or negate the enemy version
- Blimp – basic air unit to damage the other castle (can be shot down)
- Bomber – king-size blimp retrofitted with a huge payload of bombs that can also take out field units (can be shot down)
- Cannon – Takes out said air units and otherwise damages the other castle
reviewed on – iPhone 3G 8GB 2.2.1
iTunes music support – no