Mills & Reeve launches Divorce UK iPhone app
National law firm Mills & Reeve has launched its Divorce UK iPhone app. The app will work alongside the firm’s www.divorce.co.uk website, which since 1998 has offered clients and the general public free advice and guidance on dealing with the emotional, financial and legal implications of divorce and separation.
Divorce UK is free to download and use, and has the following key features:
- An adviser section, which asks a series of questions and presents useful information according to people’s circumstances
- Videos offering advice from the firm’s family lawyers
- A contextual glossary explaining the many legal terms people will be faced with
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Walkthroughs of the legal and financial processes involved in a divorce
- A court finder to help pinpoint the nearest court to the user’s current location
- An enquiry form and feedback option
Roger Bamber, co-head of Mills & Reeve’s family team, comments:
“The decision to divorce is a huge step and many people involve lawyers too soon, without having had enough time or guidance to make an informed decision. We firmly believe in helping clients to help themselves, and the advice provided in our app is intended to help people consider what their choices are and what they will need to consider from a personal and emotional point of view, alongside any legal considerations.”
The information currently contained in the app relates to the law of England and Wales, and will incorporate Scottish legal advice in due course.