- My main gripe is we really need to be able to upgrade a unit multiple times at once (sometimes you just have that kinda cash); instead the unit is deselected after every upgrade, forcing you to bring up the menu again
- I was able to beat medium difficulty in a few tries (unusual for me) with no hero ever touching the Dungeon King; hard mode took me about twice the tries with a little damage to DK so this game might actually be a little too easy for seasoned TD veterans (at least in the initial release so I’m sure this will be tweaked in updates)
- more maps and with multiple hero spawn points or even randomized
- more hero types including more spells and spell fx
- more undead types, for example undead mage and undead pyro who lobs incendiaries
- global scoreboard (assuming a scoring system gets added first!)
- stats when you select a hero or undead and on the upgrade menu (attack, defense etc)
- ability to lay traps to slow (I dunno undead muck or something), hold (bear trap) and so on
- graphical gold drops (that you’re army picks up) when you vanquish heroes so you have a tangible onscreen reward instead of just watching your gold increase
- a more vicious Dungeon King, c’mon give him a growl and roar when he’s being attacked at least
- even more ambience with say a dungeon sfx loop (water dripping, bat wings, a wail or 2), some cobwebs, more treasure strewn about, couple dead heroes piled up in a corner, etc
- give the undead army a graphical tweak with each upgrade; later-level heroes too for that matter
- where are the bosses? this is sorely missing, give us a golem or titan/giant to beat up on
- down the road: ability to play as heroes and some kinda Wifi multiplayer
Just as Brian did I thought I would drop in and say hi.. I am the Designer and Engineer on Dungeon Defense and after reading a few posts about the Boss abilities I thought I should say something. We had planned on having the abilities reviewed in the help video but sadly it was left out.
So, you have two options one slows all the current Heros in the dungeon and the other speeds up all your minions. Both function for a limited time.
I hope that clears the abilities up.
While I’m at it..
Light Skeleton: Ability is back stab, if a heros back it turned to him its double damage received.
Heavy (Tank) Skeleton: Ability is a area effect taunt that tries to pull the Heros of your minions and pulls them on to him.
Archer Skeleton: Fire arrows with area of affect.
Thanks for all your feedback.