BEST OF BRITISH CHEFS BROUGHT TOGETHER
- 12 chefs, 15 Michelin stars, 180 recipes, one App -
A new iPhone and iPad app which brings together recipes and tips from some of the most creative of Britain’s chefs has launched today. 12 chefs including Marcus Wareing, Nuno Mendes and Tom Aikens have been carefully selected to connect food lovers with the world of professional, Michelin starred cooking.
Putting over 180 recipes in the palm of your hand, the app delivers recipes from stuffed tulip to bubblegum panna cotta. Each chef has carefully designed three menus made up of five courses that the user can follow completely, or pick and choose to create their own bespoke menu.
Great British Chefs is a new brand that celebrates and champions the best chefs in Britain, who cook in their restaurants on a daily basis and whose food is distinctive and crafted with love and care. Giving the user the opportunity to search by ingredient, by chef or course, the app brings the chefs to life in your own kitchen to offer guidance on professional cooking that will leave any dinner party guest impressed and begging for the recipe.
Matthew Fort, strategic advisor to Great British Chefs, comments:
‘Haven’t you always wanted to have a chef in your kitchen? That’s what this app does. Not quite literally, of course, but it brings together the recipes and advice of some of the finest chefs in the country. It’s fantastic if you can whip up dinner any day during the week for friends and family, but we all need inspiration, fresh ideas, new recipes when we want to cook something really special. The Great British Chefs app is where you can find them.’
Top British food writer and critic, Matthew Fort, has been on hand to provide content for the app and advise on which chefs have been included. The new app includes chefs from all over the UK. Nathan Outlaw from Cornwall, Daniel Clifford in Cambridge, Shaun Rankin in Jersey and Martin Wishart in Edinburgh as well as one of only six female chefs with a Michelin star, Frances Atkins in Yorkshire.
Marcus Wareing comments: ‘I am excited to be a part of this new venture. A unique concept which will connect people at home to the very best recipes and ideas on the net. I have always wanted my favourite dishes to be accessible to the masses and Great British Chefs is now making this possible for me and I hope the public take full advantage of it.’
The brand new app includes multiple features to make sure that the cooking experience is enjoyable and stress free:
• Easy-to-use, intuitive navigation and search facility so people can find the recipes for them whether searching by ingredient, course or chef
• Making the cooking process easier, the voice control function allows cooks to cook without even touching their iPad or iPhone
• Access to three menus made up of 5 courses (canapés, starters, mains, desserts and petit fours) from each chef including the full step by step recipes
• A series of ‘How To’ films for particularly tricky stages of recipes
• Shopping list function meaning cooks can collect together a list of produce they will need and view them by aisle or by recipe
• Full information on all the chefs including a profile video with links to where they cook and a cookbook list linking directly to Amazon
• The new app will be compatible with iPhone (iOS 3.2 or later), iPad and iPad2. Using stunning photography, the iPad and iPhone apps have been carefully designed to make usability and functionality of an equally high standard on both Apple devices.