Along with the announcement for the new iPhone 4 there was a release of a new game for the iPhone that avid fans have been clamoring for, Guitar Hero. There have been other rhythm, tapping type games for the iPhone that have had great success on the platform. But Guitar Hero is different, it brings a song inventory from some of the biggest names in rock (though most songs are an in App purchase).
For $2.99 you get the game engine and the 6 songs listed below. These songs are a great place to start, but regular users will want to ad their favorite songs to the game. On first launch Guitar Hero asks if it can scan you iPod song list and will offer those tracks in the game if they are available. In my experience none of my songs were available as it appears that Guitar Hero has a very limited supply of songs at launch.
This is a fun game, and the $2.99 purchase price makes it affordable to see if it is something you might enjoy.
The biggest music videogame franchise ever created is now available for the first time on your iPhone or iPod touch! It’s your chance to experience the original, addictive guitar game that over 40 million people have jammed out to worldwide.
Created by Guitar Hero veteran developer, Vicarious Visions, Inc., the game features a robust avatar customization mode that allows you to personalize your in-game rock star, built-in social network feeds that allows you to share your scores on Facebook, and innovative new gameplay mechanics that challenges you to tap, strum whammy and slide your way to the top of the Rock Ranks. Guitar Hero for the iPhone and iPod touch is the most authentic guitar and bass experience on the go!
Download Guitar Hero today and play six FREE songs from legendary artists to modern favorites:
Queen – We Are The Champions
Rise Against – Savior
The Rolling Stones – Paint It Black
The White Stripes – Seven Nation Army
Weezer – Say It Ain’t So
Vampire Weekend – Cousins
Rock out with these features anytime, anywhere:
• Don’t just tap… Tap, Strum, Whammy, and Slide with gameplay customized for each song
• Show off your personal style by customizing your own full 3D rockstar, and use the Photo Booth to share images with friends on Facebook
• Complete challenges to increase your Rock Rank as you try to master both guitar and bass
• Share your scores on Facebook, see how you stack up on the leaderboards, and get updates through in-game news feeds
• Download more game tracks from the in-game store, and take on all-new song-specific challenges to boost your Rock Rank
• Works on all iPhone and iPod Touch hardware! Play on an iPhone 3GS or 3rd generation iPod Touch to experience your avatar in a 3D concert setting, or use previous generation devices to show off your custom look in an awesome stylized photo shoot
Be sure to check out the in-game store to update your set list with new game tracks by these great artists:
Available now: Queen, Vampire Weekend, Minus the Bear, Silversun Pickups, The Faint, Band of Skulls, White Stripes, Obits, Darkest Hour, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Protest the Hero, Breaking Benjamin, A Day to Remember, AFI.