LONDON, UK – Independent developer Vertigo Software has today released ground-breaking new app Virus Strike for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Virus Strike, a highly creative, action puzzle game that combines elements of Tetris with Bejeweled and Flight Control, is free to get from the App Store (for a limited time only).
The concept is simple and totally unique. Different-colored viruses will fall from the top of the screen. Draw lines and tilt the screen to direct viruses of the same colour into groups, and then use antibodies to neutralise them.
Direct the wrong antibody to the wrong-colored group and the viruses will multiply!
One of the game’s best features is the realistic way the viruses and antibodies obey the laws of physics – to the player of the game, the lines are mere drawings, but to viruses and antibodies, the lines are physical barriers. For example:
- Draw a sloping line and the viruses will roll down the line.
- Tilt the screen and the viruses will roll down the slopes faster.
- Alternatively, draw a circle around the viruses and they will be trapped!
By combining classic puzzle and physics-based problem-solving with intuitive iPhone gaming features like touch-screen line-drawing and tilting, Virus Strike breaks new ground in the App Store and yet is easy to pick up and play.
Get it for free today – you won’t be able to quit once you start…
Screenshots and images can be downloaded from:
A video of the app in action can be viewed on our website at: http://www.virusstrike.com or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=489988646349&ref=mf
HOW TO PLAY
- Draw slopes, circles and any other line you want to direct viruses of the same colour into groups. Combine with tilting to get yourself out of tricky situations.
- Use antibodies to neutralise viruses of the same colour. The more viruses you can neutralise with a single antibody, the more points you will get.
- Direct the wrong antibody to the wrong virus and the viruses will multiply! Use this to your advantage to gain more points but beware….
- … if viruses to pile up beyond the death line, you will enter Alert Mode. If you are in Alert Mode and the wrong antibody hits a pile of viruses – you will die!
Compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
Free for a limited time only from the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/lv/app/virus-strike/id396966520?mt=8
Neil Ferguson, the independent developer of Virus Strike and CEO of Vertigo Software, is available for comment. He can be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.