Verizon and Apple have announced that the iPhone 4 will be available on the Verizon network early next month.
After months of rumors it is now official. Early next month Verizon subscribers will be able to purchase an iPhone4 on their network.
Some Verizon iPhone Details
- The iPhone 4 for Verizon will begin preorders on February 3rd with availability starting on February 10th.
- A4 chip
- 5 megapixel camera
- HD Video Recording
- Retina Display
- $199 – 16gb 2 year contract
- $299 – 32gb 2 year contract
- WI-FI hotspot feature – connect up to 5 WI-FI devices on your iPhone
Q&A from the official announcements
- What will initial supply be like?
- Expectations are that all Verizon customers who want an iPhone will be able to get one.
- Will LTE Chipsets be used?
- No LTE chipsets
- What happens to data when I get a call?
- CDMA – Data will drop when you get a call
- When will an LTE iPhone be available?
- No comments on LTE enabled iPhone
- What about data plans?
- Verizon will provide a “strong offer” to draw users to their network. More to come later