A new tourism app for Liverpool – Liverpool Tourism Guide App – was released on the 11th of August 2011 by App Tours UK, headed by history enthusiast Larry Murphy, and the technical team Red Ninja Studios.
Joining the likes of other popular tourist destinations creating tourism apps such as New York, LA and Dublin, the Liverpool Tourism Guide App is truly a revolution regarding touring the historic city of Liverpool. The Liverpool Tourism Guide App is quite clearly one of the most relevant travel accessories in the world at the moment.
Ranking higher on the App Store than brands such as LateRooms.com, RAC, AA, National Trust and Virgin Trains, the Liverpool Tourism Guide App is dominating the Travel App category and earning a fantastic reputation.
The average 4 star rating demonstrates the excellent reception the Liverpool Tourism Guide App was released too and with customers describing the App as “a god send” and “a must for anyone in Liverpool”- the app is literally putting Liverpool back on the map!
Creator of the Liverpool Tourism Guide App, founder and director of App Tours UK, Larry Murphy has expressed his joy about the success of the app: “I’m very pleased to have built up a great momentum in terms of downloads. With downloads from all continents taking us into the top 20 in the world and great feedback, I am very proud.” Larry continued to say “The fact that so many people are now using our guide to access first class information and direct themselves around our city just makes the experience of releasing the app even more rewarding.”
These impressive statistics and reviews certainly prove that the Liverpool Tourism Guide App has been incredibly well received and is a massive success across the globe. App Tours UK and Red Ninja are extremely pleased to discover that as anticipated, the Liverpool Tourism Guide App is being used and enjoyed worldwide by locals and international tourists alike.
Features of the Liverpool Tourism Guide App:
- Audio descriptions, explanations and history for over 175 points of interest around the city – available in English, Spanish and Chinese (Mandarin).
- Over 1250 locations around Liverpool to explore and discover in the “See & Do” section.
- What’s On Guide allowing to user to receive up to date entertainment information to their phone.nn•tIncorporated map giving offline directions around the city.
- Augmented Reality allowing the user to view virtual information.nn•tHuge directory of listings allowing direct bookings to restaurants, bars and more
- Offers and discounts from Liverpool businesses allowing the user to save money around the city.
- Virtually Explore Liverpool from any location
- Local Knowledge to avoid tourist traps (the app is created by people from Liverpool).
The App is currently available on iPhone and will be available on Android in the next 2 weeks. A Blackberry version will also be released in the next few months.
For more information on the App please visit our website at http://www.liverpooltourismguide.co.uk/