As the nation’s oldest and most respected provider of legal information for consumers and small businesses, Nolo now offers students, accountants, paralegals, and everyone whose work or life is touched by the law, a complete and up-to-date legal dictionary—designed for the palm of your hand.
Edited by a team of lawyers with expertise in all the vital areas of the law, Nolo’s Plain-English Law Dictionary contains nearly 4,000 legal terms defined in everyday, understandable language. You’ll find both the legal standards—Latin terms, courtroom jargon, contract basics—and newly minted terms that reflect the ever changing language of the law today. What does it mean to get “dooced”? Do you need that “pre-dup”? Had a run-in with a “patent troll” lately? Nolo is committed to finding and defining the latest twists in legal language that have entered our daily conversations—important words not found in other legal dictionaries. Nolo’s Plain-English Law Dictionary is both authoritative and friendly, but it is not your grandfather’s law dictionary.
Main Application Features:
• contains nearly 4,000 terms with definitions—that’s every term & definition found in the print version of Nolo’s Plain English Law Dictionary
• easy, powerful & flexible search capability: search for terms; search only within the definition; or, search for key word within either
• browse by first letter of term or by term category
• get your word of the day with a shake of the iPhone
• suggest a word: think we’ve missed a word? Suggest one with the click of a button!
• includes a full lawyer directory: search for a lawyer in your area
• no internet connection required for dictionary use
Plus, choose from one of three style themes to suit your mood: a) Classic – old leather-bound book theme, b) Modern – gray theme with a modern flair, c) Orange – brilliant orange theme