- A global scoreboard and iTunes music support. C’mon, this is the iPhone we’re talking about here, hook us up.
- Landscape mode. I can’t imagine why this isn’t already in there, desperately needed especially given the mapping limitations already described.
- Remember the last player name you typed so you don’t have to keep retyping it on every new game.
- Option to recall everything you’ve discovered/identified up to that point. This is in the original and its absence is sorely missed here.
- Ability to switch to classic ASCII graphics. The purists out there will appreciate it and hey, the gandreas version supports it.
- Category-based inventory sort. In other words, keep the scrolls you pickup logically grouped together and same for potions, rings etc.
- Fast move option as constant tapping and even holding to run aren’t really sufficient.
One thing worth noting that may not be possible to change is the save game system. Any rogue player worth his salt was never content with the ‘permadeath’ nature of the game. Even though technically cheating, save games were always backed up, shuffled around, edited etc but always in the interest of just having fun with the game. Not sure how this could be worked into RT but wanted to throw it out there just in case it gets any ideas flowing. Also there’s no wizard mode here and while I don’t really miss it, some might want that confirmed.
In summary, Rogue Touch is excellent, worth the money and the developer is clearly dedicated to future development of the game which has me all kinds of excited. I only gripe about it above out of respect and desire to see it be the perfect Rogue version for the iPhone. It might be a good idea to release a lite version to expand the audience as even though Rogue is close to ubiquitous, there’s an ever-expanding generation gap out there and many will need to play it to ‘get it’ (figuratively and fiscally).