With the release of Strip Sync, Zetetic Enteprises makes Strip, our password manager app, even more convenient and secure than before. I hope you’ll check it out.
Strip ($9.99), Secure Tool for Recalling Important Passwords, safeguards your passwords, financial details and personal data from prying eyes, device loss or theft. We’ve been protecting mobile passwords ever since there were mobile passwords to protect. More than a decade strong, this program originated with the Palm Pilot, and has been aged with care to make Strip the oldest and most effective password manager in the App Store.
As I’m sure you’ve seen, many password managers and mobile wallet apps provide some common features, but Strip differentiates in a few key ways:
1. Most password managers straight-jacket you with restrictive templates, but not Strip. You design your own data lock-box, customizing everything including categories to match your organizational style, entry fields (usernames, passwords, websites notes etc), and 40 professionally designed color icons. Your information is unique, so Strip adapts to suit your specific needs. Strip is the most flexible password manager available today and you can use it to store virtually anything.
2. Strip is fully optimized for a mobile workflow. Navigation through categories and entries is very quick, but we also provide a recently viewed tab that instantly displays the last 20 entries to make repetitive recall even faster. Folks with very large databases (some of our users have hundreds or thousands of data items stored) can use the full text search function to quickly pull up records. Most importantly, when adding fields, Strip provides a “frequently used” recall feature, so if you use the same username or email address on multiple accounts you can choose a previously used value in only a few taps to save a ton of typing. In the latest version you can copy / paste data elements to the clipboard and launch external applications (i.e. websites, dial telephone, send email). Finally, the interface is designed to operate in a manner similar to the Contacts app, so that it is instantly familiar to even new users.
3. Strip is the only Password Manager and Data Vault that uses open source, peer-reviewed full-database encryption technology. Called SQLCipher, the data store for Strip uses established security practices like CBC mode encryption, PBKDF2 key derivation, randomized initialization vectors, and unique per-database salts. It further takes advantage of the widely trusted and peer-reviewed OpenSSL for cryptographic functions.
Other advantageous features include:
✓ 256-bit AES Encryption and secure password protection for 100% of your data
✓ Full text searching and recently-viewed entry list
✓ Shake-n-Make password generator
✓ Quick copy / paste between applications
✓ Launch websites, telephone calls, and emails straight from App
✓ Native look and easy to use interface that is similar to built-in iPhone applications
✓ Synchronization and backup with the free Strip Sync companion for Mac OS X and Windows
And now there’s another killer feature to add to the list. Strip Sync raises Strip from exceptional to unrivaled. A free companion utility for Mac OS X and Windows, Strip Sync allows Strip users to:
· Replicate databases onto multiple devices: desktops, iPads, other iPhones etc.
· Perform file-based back ups and authoritative restore capability for data loss
· Import and export from CSV spreadsheet files
· Save a back up of its current state right before each sync, so that the previous copy is available
Your house deserves a security system—so do your bank accounts. To prevent hackers from breaking and entering, Strip users obtain a different key for each of their locks. Strip Sync provides multiple hiding places for those keys.
To learn more about Strip and Strip Sync or to take the tour, please visit http://getstrip.com/c/review. Screen shots and customer reviews are available on the App Store page at http://itunes.apple.com/app/strip-password-manager/id316817719?mt=8