Mobile developer MS Internet are pleased to announce the launch of ‘Olly Smith’s Wine App’, a fantastic new offering for iPhone from the popular TV personality in association with Stepping Stone Media. The application offers advice, information and enthusiasm to anyone who wants to get more out of the wine they drink.
Whether you are an established wine lover or taking your first steps into the world of wine, ‘Olly Smith’s Wine App’ has something for everyone. You’ll find a wine guide which helps users to choose the perfect accompaniment for every meal; exclusive video content, and essential ‘how to’ guides. The app also features the latest in GPS technology that allows users to search for the perfect wine in their local area or on the web.
The eye catching design of the app reflects Olly Smith’s larger than life persona, and remains highly accessible for all users. Olly hopes that wine lovers everywhere will use his expertise to branch out and discover the glories that wine can offer. He says:
“This app is about maximising your enjoyment of wine and taking the risk out of trying something different. I want to empower users with a bit of knowledge.”
The new app is already proving very popular. Fans have said:
“I’ve only just downloaded your app and was using it while I was out for a meal with my wife. I must say it’s a brilliant App and was so useful when choosing a full bodied red wine. “
“At last an App that you can refer to when you need that help in choosing the right wine….
Brilliant idea Olly….”
Olly Smith’s Wine App Features:
• The Wine Guide helps you search for the perfect drop based on the dish on your plate, the food in your shopping basket, what the occasion is, what you usually drink or simply what you’re in the mood for.
• Wines of the Week offers a selection of Olly’s top recommendations with details of where to get hold of them across a horde of price points and retailers.
• Nearly an hour of exclusive video includes: Guides to the major grape varieties, ‘How to’ demonstrations of everything from serving and decanting to opening a bottle of fizz, ‘Meet the Sommelier’, introducing some of Olly’s favourite sommeliers at some of the best restaurants in the land and showing you how to get the best out of their expertise, Guides to the gadgets, gizmos and wine kit to make sure you get the most out of your vino every time.
• The Find Wine section is very handy – it uses your current location to give you the nearest wine stockists wherever you are in the UK at the touch of a button. You can instantly link to their contact details and visit current websites. There is also a list of Olly’s favourite online wine stockists.
• Larks – You can shake your phone to get Olly’s Words of Wisdom, with everything from food and drink matching inspiration to the tip on Sir Roger Moore’s favourite wine (Sancerre, in case you’re wondering). You can blow into your phone and sound your very own Wine Horn, to announce to anyone present that it is Wine O’Clock! Keeping in touch is a big part of this app.
Olly Smith’s Wine App is available from the iTunes App store at £2.99.
Whether you are an experienced enthusiast or an absolute beginner, the ‘Olly Smith Wine App’ contains everything you could possibly need to get the most out of your love of wine.
For more information contact:
0121 554 6946
6 Key Hill Dr, Birmingham, B18 5NY. UK
NB. High resolution images available upon request.
Notes to editor:
About MS Internet:
MS Internet are a rapidly growing digital agency with a head office based in Birmingham and offices in central London. MS Internet began life as a web development company and has won an array of awards for design and accessibility. The team has grown from two staff to 14 in two short years and have trebled in turn over year-on-year since incorporation. MS Internet now has a dedicated mobile development team focusing upon iPhone, Android, Windows Phone 7 and Meego operating systems. MS Internet’s many mobile applications also include TV chef Phil Vickery – “Seriously Good! Gluten Free Living application.”.
About Olly Smith:
Olly Smith is a uniquely enthusiastic British TV presenter. As well as hosting The Secret Supper Club and Iron Chef UK for Channel 4, Olly also appears regularly on BBC1′s Saturday Kitchen. He is the host of The BBC Good Food Show’s SuperTheatre, MasterChef Live, and has previously hosted Gordon Ramsay’s Taste of Christmas,
Taste of London for Channel 4 and the F-Word Live with Channel 4. Olly also appears as a pundit on BBC Breakfast, Sky News and across the nation on channels such as BBC Radio 2 and Radio 4. Olly writes a weekly wine column for The Mail on Sunday’s Live Magazine and is a columnist for Sainsbury’s Magazine. He has published his first book ‘Eat & Drink’ which he also illustrated and is a treasure trove of recipes, wine tips and tales of adventure from Olly’s travels across the high seas of flavour.
Olly has launched his first wine bar and eatery ‘The Glass House’ on board the luxury cruise liner Azura with P&O Cruises. In 2009 for his work in food and wine, Olly won the prestigious International Wine & Spirits Communicator of the Year award, an honour he described as feeling like “surfing all the way to the shores of Happyland”.
About Stepping Stone Media:
Stepping Stone Media Ltd was formed by Dave Mynard (former producer of Saturday Kitchen and The Hairy Bikers’ Food Tour of Britain) and Olly Smith to bring broadcast quality levels of production to the online and mobile markets