Fremont, CA – Penpower Inc, creators of the highly popular mobile business card scanning software “WorldCard Mobile,” launched this week their newest contact management tool for the iPhone and iPod touch called “WorldCard Contacts.” Worldcard Contacts is designed to replace the existing contacts manager in the devices, and adds new features specially designed for business users.
“The existing contact management application on the iPhone is very limited and is primarily text based”, said Dr. Tsay, CEO of Penpower Inc. “there is no way to group contacts together, or to deal with visual information like business cards.” Worldcard Contacts is designed to solve those issues with a number of features including:
* Contacts groups to quickly sort and find contacts.
* Visual “favorites” menu where you can access people through their photo as well as their name.
* View contacts in either “List Mode” (Similar to the native contact list, except with added photo and company information) or Card Mode (Scroll through your business card book with full card images). All with a quick search function to pinpoint the contact you need rapidly.
* Make a call, send a text message or email, browse to the company’s website, or pinpoint them on a map with simple one button access, directly from their business cards!
* Works just like the native contacts application from the iPhone including favorites, recent calls, and keypad access.
* Integrates with the WorldCard Mobile App (sold separately) to let you easily entering contacts via capturing and recognizing business card photos. No more manually entering contacts needed.
Worldcard Contacts is designed to work both independently or hand in hand with the WorldCard Mobile business card reader for the iPhone also produced by Penpower. Worldcard Mobile is an OCR based business card scanning program that recognizes text from photographed business cards and inputs them into your contacts. With Worldcard Contacts you have quick access to both the visual and text versions of the contacts information.
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 2.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Worldcard Contacts 1.0 is available in the business category of the iTunes App Store for $5.99 (USD) in the Business category.
Penpower Technology is a world leader and pioneer in providing integrated solutions for Intelligent Human Computer Interface Technologies. The company is now developing integrated human machine interface solutions based on “TTS, OCR, Speech, Handwriting and Biometrics” Founded in 1991, Penpower has focused on developing business productivity software, Asian language-based software, and mobile electronics. Through a human-centric philosophy and continued innovations in multi-processor, multi-platform and multi-language recognition systems, Penpower is the leading provider of information technology, innovations, solutions and professional service dedicated to realizing perfect communications between man and technology. Copyright (C) 2010 Penpower Technology. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Appency for Penpower Inc.